Law Firm Architecture of IT-Infrastructure – Williams Hughes
LAW FIRM ARCHITECTURE OF IT INFRASTRUCTURE WILLIAMS & HUGHES
Williams & Hughes
Williams + Hughes is a boutique Western Australian law firm specialising in commercial law and commercial litigation and dispute resolution for private businesses, public companies and individuals.
- Williams & Hughes, established in 1986, as a commercial law firm concentrating on the areas of corporate, business, resources and property law.
- Branch office in regional Geraldton opened in 2008.
- Estimated IT budget for 2014/2015 of $300k
- Reduce the margin of error associated with document creation.
- Increase the time and efficiency of document creation and delivery to clients.
- Increase the auditability and robustness of their document repository.
- Automate the solution to provide lower costs to their clients at higher profit margins
- Continue to utilize IT as a leverage tool to their business as opposed to a lagging tool.
IT SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADE:
- Migrated from a physical Windows Server and physical Terminal Server to virtualization with two hosts for increased redundancy & robustness
- Upgraded to Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and Exchange
- Retained the Terminal Server for Geraldton staff
- Upgraded Open Practice to the latest version for compatibility
IT SERVER NEW DEPLOYMENTS:
- Implemented HP Autonomy Worksite (Document Management System) to replace shared drives
- Built and developed Office 2010 templates to retrieve client/matter Deployed SQL 2008 R2 to manage Open Practice and Worksite
IT DESKTOP INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADE:
- Deployed new workstations with premium warranty designed to last 3 years
- Installed 22” dual screens to all workstations for added efficiency
- Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Deployed account and document templates to all staff including fee earners
- Provided integrated practice management and document management system
- Profit increases despite price reduction to clients
- Reliance of support staff by fee earners reduced, impacting efficiency and productivity
- Document creation and delivery increased
- Fully auditable document management system
- Increase efficiency in document search
- A return of investment less than 12 months
- Client matter management provided support staff with certainty of document control
Throughout the entire process CT Group was completely thorough, conscientious and professional, which allowed us to implement the agreed solutions with minimal disruption to the practice. The manner in which they managed the project, their communications, reassurance and support thereafter, allowed us to deploy a more professional solution with ease. Since then, we have always used CT Group and are extremely satisfied with the professionalism and their knowledge when it comes to ICT and solutions for Law Firms.